Tuesday, October 10, 2006

My mom was right... I *am* special!

So, it appears that I was destined to be the lesbian Martha Stewart. I know, images of Martha with a mullet are dancing in your head. It's a hard image to shake, trust me.

Anyhow...I combined two staples of fall--mums and pumpkins--into one delightful hybrid decoration...the Mumkin. "How do I get a Mumkin," you might be asking yourself this very minute. Well, I will tell you.
First you must harness your inner Mullet Martha. This entails getting out a knife, a big spoon, and some sort of bowl for collecting pumpkin guts. Step 1: cut the top off the pumpkin. Step 2: Scoop out the guts. Of the pumpkin. Use the knife to poke a hole in the bottom of the pumpkin for drainage purposes. Step 3: Take the mums out of their pot and cram them in the pumpkin. Now, I should have mentioned that you will need to eyeball the mum to make sure it will fit in the pumkin, but if I have to spell it out for you, perhaps you shouldn't be wielding a knife and a big spoon in the first place.

5 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Blogger b. said...

I heart you, honeh. You are such a funny, funny writah.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Trista said...

LOVE IT!!!

If you refuse to grace us with your presence in NYC, will you at least send Brooke with a mumkin for our table???

PS - it would be cool if you decided to grace us with your presence...

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Calliope said...

mumkin!!!
ha ha ha ha I LOVE IT!

& please join Brooke on her business trip.

PLEASE!!!

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger beans said...

Very cute-I wish I wasn't afraid of touching slimy things-I would have ventured out to make one of these little things!!

PS-I would go on the business trip--just my five cents on the matter :)

 
At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a recent, shall we say "guest" with the very talented and fabulous Brooke & Sarah(a.k.a. The GOOD Mom and The Cranky Mom), I have to say that not only are the flannel sheets and linen folding to die for, but the creative mumkin on the porch brought tears to my eyes - along with the BEST collage of photos over the guest bed - my first home in my new life. I love you both more than you know!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home