Monday, September 17, 2007

It's like syncronized swimming in the sky

In prinicpal, I am fully aware that government-sponsored airshows are a waste of money, resources, and are a shameless recruiting tool. However, I must admit that they're also pretty cool. If you can suspend the negative feelings for a bit, it's easy to be impressed by the skill and precision required to fly a plane 18 inches from another plane. Oh, and while upside down at 700 miles an hour. I'm not sure how this benefits society, but it was a swell sight nonetheless.

It also helped to have a kickass vantage point...
For those of you with decent internet connections, I also have some video. I will note that my undisclosed location was a bit windy, and that I was using a digital camera, so please pardon the shakes and periodic out-of-focus moments. I prefer to think that those just add to the video. Or something like that.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home