Monday, September 03, 2007

For 50 cents more you can get a barrel of soda!

Today we went to the movie theater to see The Simpsons Movie (pretty good...kind of like a really long Simpsons episode). I didn't remember the last time we'd gone to the movies, much less the last time we ever purchased a beverage or snack. Typically we'll stop by CVS or something on the way if we want a snack for the movie (contraband!). Anyway, once we'd gotten our seats, Brooke sent me off for a small Sprite. I decided to get a small Coke. The stereotypically awkward teenager at the counter informed me that for just 50 cents more, I could make it a medium. I'm glad that I didn't. Really glad. When I saw the enormous cup that was passing as a small, my jaw may have actually dropped. I laughed to myself as I walked back into the theater. Now, at first glance, the cup may not seem THAT gigantic:


However, I believe the view from above really puts it into perspective:



I think if I'd opted to go for the Medium, they'd have to throw in a free snorkel.

1 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, Blogger beans said...

That's funny! We were actually commenting on this very thing this weekend when we went to the movies to see . . hmm . . .what did we see . . .oh, we saw the nanny diaries . . .

not a great movie. but oh well. we spent $3.75 for a bottle of water that would have been $1 at the target next store.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home