Tuesday, October 24, 2006

We'll Miss You, Chili Man

I haven't written about this yet, but recently we had a temorary dweller in our home. My coworker came back from visiting her family, only to find out that her husband was divorcing her. I will reserve my comments on that, but let's just say he made a big mistake.

Anyway, she needed a place to stay, and we have a lovely finished walk-out basement with a guest bedroom available. In she came with her 4 weiner dogs. Among them was Chili, an approximately 18-year-old mini dacshund. Considering his age, he did pretty well for himself. His back legs weren't what they used to be, and he had 2 teeth (well, one when he left) and a love for licking (the picture to the left illustrates Chili's gift for licking; in this case, Tula). Oh, the licking! If your foot was within licking distance, you were going to get a nice long bath, and you were going to enjoy it, damn it.

I was saddened to find out that just a little over a week after my coworker and her canine posse moved out, Chili passed away. I was glad to know him, and will not soon forget his shaky walk-dance or his "leather chaps" (his ears no longer had fur on them). He was a funny little guy, and we were honored to have him in our lives, even for such a short time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home