Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Learning your limits the icy-fresh way

I have learned my limit. It is 54 degrees. Because I'm from Maine, and because oil is expensive, I like to see how long I can make it without turning on the heat in the house. My goal was to make it to November, and if it weren't for a recent cold snap, I would have made it.

When I got home yesterday, I noticed that the heat downstairs was a mere 54 degrees. I waved the white flag and bumped up the thermostat. It is now set at a balmy 58 degrees.

1 Comments:

At 8:47 PM, Blogger beans said...

We haven't used our heat yet since moving into the house-mostly cause we are cheap, but also we aren't sure how all the heat works. We have someone coming out to service it on Friday just to be sure we won't blow ourselves up!!

Besides, I would SOO rather be cold than hot! Makes mornings very hard though . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home