Tuesday, October 24, 2006

So Wrong in So Many Ways

We generally get a couple coupon fliers in the Sunday paper. Even though these fliers are riddled with crap (elastic waist double-knit jeans, Precious Moments figurines, little teddy bears on motorcycles, etc.), I tend to look though them anyway, just in case a useful coupon made it in.

I was especially stunned by one of the ads this week. It is so wrong. I don't know where to begin. The ad is for the "Nativity of the Christmas Star," which features Native American figurines in the role of Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus. Oh, they are so happy that they've been colonized and given Christianity! Who wouldn't get the warm fuzzies from this inspirational treat? I am so appalled that I must share the ad with you. Be sure to click on the picture to read the full load of crap.



But wait! There's more! Bask in the joy of the Creator, just like "Mother Mary"!

6 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Blogger J said...

So wrong, on so so many levels. You need to frame that.

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Trista said...

Wait! The Creche lights up?!?

Oh My GOD I MUST HAVE IT. I mean, what better way to show my cultural sensitivity?

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger DB said...

People have no sense at all.

I don't even know how to begin expressing my disbelief at this.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Hope and Megan said...

That's wacky!

However, if you removed the Native American regalia, that family probably looks more like what a Jewish family in Bethlehem really would have looked like than the blond-haired / blue-eyed Marys you typically see pawned about.

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

P.S. I forgot to mention that you get two fully sculpted lambs FOR FREE with each order.

 
At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the sad thing is that this is the kind of crap my mother would spend her limited funds on . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home