Tuesday, February 06, 2007

From Sir with Love


So, I went to a conference in Amherst, MA yesterday. I was driving home, and by around 6 pm I was feeling pretty hungry, so I stopped at one of those rest stop/service stations along the highway. Since I'd had a lot of water on the drive, I stopped in the bathroom to pee first. Exciting, no?

I exit the bathroom, which for most people doesn't cause much of a stir. But of course I am not most people. As I walked out the bathroom door, an older woman looked at me, stopped, and said, "oh!" -- and appeared startled. She looked at me, and looked at the "Women" sign on the bathroom door I had just exited. To her, it just didn't compute. Why was this man coming out of the women's room? What is this world coming to? I think she *may* have figured out that I wasn't a man, but she was still visibly startled.

If a short-haired lesbian is the scariest thing you run into at a roadside rest stop, you're not looking around enough.

1 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually just lurk, but the rest area story just cracked me up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home