Wednesday, November 08, 2006

3,350 days is a long time

As of today, Brooke and I have been together for 10 years. This, as you may note, is a long time. It amazes me that at age 30, Brooke has been with me for a full one-third of her life. Obviously this is because I am such a wonderful person. I will also take this time to note that Brooke is actually the wonderful person. I appreciate that she is able to overlook my sporadic rashes, my inability to coordinate my own clothing, and my knack for not making dinner. She is my favorite lady of all.

Being that gay people are a threat to conventional marriage, I am left to wonder how many heterosexual relationships we have dissolved in the past 10 years. If we average a conservative 1 per day, that would be 3,350 marriages. It is no wonder the divorce rate is so high. I apologize to those we have shaken to the very core. Oops, my bad.

3 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah and Brooke:-)
I'm so excited to find your blog again ( I couldn't get into it for about a month.....I was going through withdrawal.)
I just wanted you to know that I think you are both amazing, ( sorry for getting mushy on you) You two were meant to be together:-) You know...Dann and I have been together for about the same amount of time. I can't beleive it's been ten years though...it's amazing how time flies ( on that note....can you believe that we graduated from LHS 14 years ago??????????? I wonder if our classmates have aged well.....hahaha)
Anyway, I'm apoligize for having written a short novel here.
Take care.....and stay in touch!

Love ya tons,
Terri

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Trista said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you never fail to make me laugh out loud!

Thanks! I really needed it today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home