Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Why Does Bob Barker Make Me Think of Liverwurst?


Why, indeed...
Looking at the piece of liverwurst, it strikes me how much it looks like a squished bum on a plate. Or a bum on a bun, if you will. But that's not what this post is about. It's sort of a word-association thing.

When I was a darling child, I spent a lot of time at my grandparents house. They lived about a mile or so from my parents, and I would go there when my folks were working. I spent a lot of time there in the summer. Being that they were grandparents, lunch was served at 11:30 a.m. SHARP. This often consisted of liverwurst sandwiches (my grandmother was German, and as you may be aware, the Germans tend to favor things ending in "wurst"). Now, my grandfather and I would watch the Price is Right from 11:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m.; if you were paying attention, you will note that lunch overlapped with Penny Ante, 3Strikes, or my personal favorite, Cliff Hangers. So by the time the Showcase Showdown came around, and contestant #2 was showing visible dismay at the thought of winning a dune buggy instead of a convertible, my belly was full of liverwurst and a conservative helping of Fritos.

2 Comments:

At 4:44 PM, Blogger J said...

Personally, I like Plinko the best.

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Perhaps you should put this on your wish list.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home