Saturday, February 10, 2007

Photo Friday: Your Favorite Place

This week's Photo Friday theme is "Your Favorite Place." Or, in this case, my favorite place. This was a pretty easy one. Unlike my other Photo Friday posts, I did not, as you can see, take this picture (our Sony DSC-S45 would have to have one hell of a wide angle lens).



Maine is my favorite place. Conveniently, it's also where I live. Whenever we go somewhere (we rarely venture accross state lines), it's always great to drive across the bridge and see the "Welcome to Maine" sign.

Maine used to have this ridiculous sign for those exiting the state. It said "If your business were in Maine, you'd be home now." I understand the point behind it, but we used to joke that it said "If your business were in Maine, your business would be in Maine." Well, we thought it was funny, anyway...

We may have below-average incomes and high taxes, but it sure is pretty here! Plus, there are no billboards. Whenever I'm in a state that allows billboards, I'm always reminded of how glad I am that Maine's roadsides have trees, and not giant blinking advertisements. Ayuh.

1 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh. I didn't know that about the billboards. I dig that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home