Friday, June 01, 2007

Nasology

Today has been plagued with unfortunate, and in some cases, potentially OSHA-violating smells. There was a large-scale barbecue nearby today, and starting at 9 a.m., there were a few industrial-sized charcoal grills working their way through 2000 pieces of chicken (I got the official count when I called to complain about the smell). Oddly, it wasn't so much the smell of chicken that bothered me, but the fact that my office, a mere 30 feet from Barbecue Central, smelled as if it had been doused in lighter fluid.

At lunchtime the smell was really bad, so I decided to go for a walk and get some fresh air. As I walked by chicken char-char, I saw, much to my delight, that a truck was unloading fresh seafood! Another smell to envelop my space! A present from the sea. Hooray!

I just went to dump out some water in the bathroom, and was met with an unfortunate funk. It seems that the smell attack is not over. There's only an hour left until 5 pm. I think I will leave work early today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home