Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Mitt Romney Invented Hunting

Oh, Mitt Romney is the man. Yes indeedy. If you haven't heard the latest, allow me to summarize:
  1. Mitt Romney said he's been a lifelong hunter.
  2. Someone figured out that he hasn't had a hunting license in ages.
  3. His campaign says, "oops, he's only been hunting twice."
  4. Romney says, "I shoot varmints. Rats and rabbits." Does not specify how many times he's been hunting.
Is this going to be the caliber of the presidentail campaign? Is hunting the barometer of manliness? "Hey, vote for me! I like to aim my gun at little furry creatures and pull the trigger!" Is this really what it takes to lead the country?

It is no secret that I'm no fan of hunting. I can understand if you're hunting to provide food for your family; however, I suspect that Romney doesn't hunt for sustenance. How can people call hunting a sport? If I'm involved in a sporting event, chances are my opponents are aware that they're playing, and have comparable equipment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home