Monday, March 19, 2007

Photo Friday: Dirty Secrets

Well, I'm taking a safe approach to this week's (well, techically last week's) theme. I could have done a post about how I got chicken pox in college (yes, it really is awful to get it as an adult) and about how I got it EVERYWHERE. Places a lady doesn't want the pox, if you know what I mean.
But I really can't take a picture of that, and even if I could, you really wouldn't want to see it. Really.

ANYWAY, my post for this week is of my Place of Shame. The crazy hippie lady who built our house left us an unfinished storage space. In addition to being unfinished, it was also uninsulated, which caused quite a draft. I got some Raft-R-Mate, and several rolls of insulation and went to town. The picture doesn't completely do it justice, but this space is not very tall. It might be 4 feet at its highest point. This makes for very difficult insulation, and much of the work had to be done lying down. You'd think that'd be relaxing, but it is not.

Our friends were kind enough to give us some leftover sheetrock. We had to cut it down to load it in my truck, and then again to fit it through the very narrow, short door that leads into the storage space. I was lazy and decided to "eyeball" it when I was cutting the sheetrock, and didn't exactly end up with nice squared off edges. I quickly grew tired of having to lay on my back, knees in the air to support the sheetrock, while trying to hang the stuff. An excellent ab workout, but that's about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home