Monday, March 05, 2007

It's not a trick, Michael. It's an ILLUSION!

Sorry, I couldn't resist the Arrested Development reference.

I am a cheap do-it-yer-selfer. I also was tired of looking at the mess in my computer desk (not to be confused with my toaster desk, my stereo desk, or any other electronic type of desk). So, I bought some plexiglass down at the local glass shop. Did you know that if you sand plexiglass, it looks like frosted glass? And also, that you can make a big giant mess by sanding plexiglass? Oh, yes you can! The nice thing about plexiglass (aka Lexan) is that it is very lightweight, and you can drill though it. Can't say that for glass. Well, maybe you can say that, but you'd be lying.

Anyhow, I present to you the "before" picture:
Add a couple heavily sanded plexiglass doors (complete with equiangular spiral ventilation holes) and way-too-big hinges...
And voila!

2 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am FREAKIN impressed. Not only with the word equiangular, but with the results of all that sanding and drilling. Very cool!

 
At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. That is one tricked out desk. SUPER wowed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home