Saturday, February 17, 2007

Photo Friday: Bad Hair


When I saw this week's assignment, I didn't know where to begin. I've had so many bad hairstyles throughout the years; it's really hard to narrow it down. You see, I have naturally curly hair. And I grew up in the 80's. It was a powerful combination.


The picture to the right shows me in my Miami Vice phase. In the absence of a white blazer, a white button-down shirt would do the trick. The picture also features my toothpick bridge, which qualified me for the finals at the state Science Olympiad. I was soooo cool. My bridge could hold well more than the recommended one brick. Unfortunately the bridge itself was pretty heavy, which subtracted some points, and I lost, thus dashing my future as a structural engineer.

In the next picture, I was in the awkward regrowth phase after my "I want to be Annie Lennox, so I'm going to get a crewcut and dye my hair" episode. Perhaps in an act of revenge against my mother, my grandmother took me to get the crewcut, without my mother's knowledge. Not only did I have bad hair, I also sported bad earrings, bad clothes, and, apparently, a bad attitude. Outta my way, or I'll get all Material Girl on your ass! If that doesn't work, I'll bonk you on the head with my big pink earrings.

3 Comments:

At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahahahaha.....Sarah I remember!!!We all had great hair back then ( ala Sharon Rastiwiki...remember her??)
You forgot to mention your enormous collection of Bolo Ties.
Love ya!

 
At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

those are GREAT photos!

 
At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You win. Amazing amazing hair.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home