Thursday, February 15, 2007

You Get More For Your Money With Peter Pan

I was watching the news this evening and heard that Peter Pan is recalling a bunch of peanut butter for possible salmonella contamination. I checked our gargantuan 6-pound tub of peanut butter, only to find that we had one of the recalled batches! We buy the big tubs of peanut butter for the dogs (they get a sterilized bone with yogurt and peanut butter, frozen overnight, for a snack); thankfully they haven't gotten sick.

I went to the ConAgra website for more information, and found what could be seen as an unfortunate statement. Maybe you don't want to advertise yourself as "The Right Kind of Food Company" when you're issuing a News Release about salmonella contamination. But what do I know about timing?

2 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Sarah....I had no idea...and Joey eats Peanut butter in some form just about every day.
I just threw away the entire jar.

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger DB said...

Um, frozen bone with yogurt and peanut butter?

Is this that raw dog feeding stuff? I need to read more about that. A friend of mine mentioned it recently, but I don't even know where to start.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home