Monday, November 27, 2006

Bratz Dolls Promote Marriage Equality

Imagine my surprise when I came upon this ad in the recent Target flier. I was able to overlook my disdain for the egregious spelling offenses ("Bratz" and "Babyz" -- no wonder kidz kant spel) and bask in the glory of this milestone. Oh, sure, the makers of Bratz will tell you that this is indeed a government-sanctioned heterosexual couple. But anyone who looks at this will realize that it is a lesbian couple about to exchange vows.

They said Tinky Winky was gay. They said Spongebob was gay (why is that again?). But this Bratz couple brings new meaning to the term "baby butch." Or should it be "Butch Babyz"?

You know, I think I've had the haircut of the doll on the right.

4 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Blogger Shanilie said...

Very interesting article. I was just visiting different blogs today and came across yours. I noticed you had 2 greyhound dogs. I was looking into getting a Whippet and trying to do research. What would you recommend? Do they smell up the house? I have heard some greyhounds do.

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Trista said...

Damn, I might have to break my bratz boycott and get me some of those!

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger J said...

I've totally had that haircut.

 
At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol--

 

Post a Comment

<< Home