Friday, November 17, 2006

Fabio Takes a Bath

Fabio is the name of my office fish. He is a striking betta, with a luscious mane. Today Fabio's tank gets a bath!



I started off by removing Fabio from his tank; while I know this is mildly traumatic, I was as gentle as possible. I'm hoping it's true what they say about fish having short memory spans.

Sir Fabio has to wait in temporary housing while his home gets a good cleaning. As you will notice, Fabio lives in a converted Macintosh computer, which is way better than those horrible little vases people use for betta fish.

I dumped his old poopy rocks (and by that I mean the rocks he pooped on)and got him some nice in-the-holiday-spirit red rocks. Unfortunately, I could not find a little plastic Christmas tree to put in his tank.

After some mildly disgusting scrubbing (followed by a thorough hand-washing), I put the new rocks in the tank and added spring water (no city water for this Fancy Boy) and some Start Right tank additive. Fabio also got a lovely Rudolph picture for the back of his tank. Just to get him into the holiday mood.

2 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Blogger Calliope said...

that tank is awesome!!!
I had a goldfish at work once & he was such a flirt that he would get his own Christmas cards from people.
fish at work rock!
xo

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger DB said...

Love it! Wow! How creative.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home