Tuesday, December 05, 2006

And How!


I will have you know that I am going to resist wearing my "I am a Consumer Whore" T-shirt at the craft fair. I don't think you fully understand the sheer resistance this will require. For those of you who do not have the luxury of a weird little independent DVD rental store in your vicinity, I must tell you about one of my favorite DVDs, "Rejected." I can only tell you that it is weird and funny, and that it is 7 minutes long. Not only did we rent it, but Brooke got it for me for Christmas one year. It never ceases to make me laugh, or want to quote it ("now with 50% more sodium; sweet jesus!") Oh, it is so very strange. You should really buy it; you, too, can be a consumer whore.

Speaking of flagrant consumerism, my coworker called yesterday to alert me of an important situation. The situation, you see, was that there were some candy-cane striped Converse hitops on clearance at TJ Maxx. Being that I do not frequent the Maxx (get the Maxx for the Minimum at TJ Maxx!), I was glad for the tip. I ran out at lunchtime and procured the last pair of size 7 (Converse has unisex sizing, so while I'm really a size 9, I get to feel all petite and crap when buying Converse) Candy Cane Chuck Taylors. Normally I hate shopping, but do make an exception when it comes to candy cane Chucks on clearance. Now I must resist the urge to lick my shoes.

3 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger b. said...

Actually, dear, given our rather unique outlook on holidays, it was a Valentine's Day gift. I'm just very creative that way. (Get it? "Rejected?" On Valentine's Day? It was all about the irony.)

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Calliope said...

those are soooooooo cool!

 
At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah, those are just sooooo you! it's fantastic that you found them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home