Saturday, July 07, 2007

Photo Friday: vacation

Alas, I am not going ON vacation (though I did take off a couple days to do work on the house...do I know how to have a good time or what?), but rather posting pictures of past vacations for this week's Photo Friday theme.

We tend not to go anywhere terribly exotic, so you will not be treated to pictures of me parasailing on the Rio Grande, nor will you see me swimming with sting rays. Mainly because I can't swim, but also because those sound like awfully expensive vacations.

A few years ago we went up to Moosehead Lake. While trying (and eventually failing) to find Mt. Katadin (only we could manage to lose a mountain), I spotted some moose. Naturally my first instinct was to jump out of the vehicle. The moose were not helpful in offering directions.


The undiscovered vacation destination: Muleshoe, Texas!

Get Moxie at Moxie Falls! If only this waterfall were made of Moxie...mmm, it's the official soft drink of Maine.

1 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

Great photos! I had to laugh out loud at the losing a mountain comment, thanks for the chuckle. Keep up the great writing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home