Friday, July 06, 2007

Please call us back and we'll tell you if you're okay!

So, last week I had a pesky pair of moles removed. No biggie -- I've had plenty sliced off. As a precaution, the doctor sent them in for testing to make sure they weren't chock full of cancer. I had kind of forgotten about them, except when fighting the urge to pick the scab left by the cauterizer (now with more cauterizing action!!!). I was checking my messages this morning, and had one that was left by the dermatologist's office at around 6 pm yesterday. The woman said that my results were back, and that I should call them back. That doesn't sound good. I call back and am informed that I have to talk to the nurse, Julie, and that she'll call me back. Does this sound good to you? No, it does not. And it's a Friday. Will she get back to me by the end of the day?

Finally Julie calls back to inform me that she had the test results. Pause. "Everything looks fine," she informs me. Why couldn't they have just said that on the message, instead of making me think that I was going to have to have a head transplant?

1 Comments:

At 12:24 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

I agree, it seems some dr's offices take great delight in that...I am happy that things are okay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home